How does summertime skiing sound? If you’re someone who enjoys the cooler months more than the warmer months, then taking a ski trip during the summertime is definitely worth your time looking further into. There are quite a few summer skiing destinations for you to choose from, which means you’re sure to find a destination that is just right for you.
Summertime Skiing Destinations
The following is a list of some of the best summertime skiing destinations, which are becoming more popular nowadays as more and more people are looking for cooler vacation options to take during the summertime.
- Treble Cone in Wanaka, New Zealand – This summertime ski area is a great choice for intermediate skiers and expert skiers. It opens the end of June and allows skiers some of the best skiing slopes as well as access to some of the most gorgeous wintertime scenery.
- New South Wales, Australia – This Australian ski resort is located in the Kosciuszko National Park and includes four different areas for skiing, making it one of the biggest ski resorts located in the southern hemisphere. Other options besides skiing include snowboarding, snow tubing, and tobogganing.
- The Chilean Andes, South America – Ski Portillo offers over 1000 acres of skiing trails in a very remote location, and is a great choice for families or newbie skiers. While the skiing trails are indeed the main reason while people choose this summertime ski resort, a close second is to enjoy the absolutely spectacular scenery.
- Kaprun, Austria – This year round ski resort is a great choice for intermediate and expert skiers. Lots of run choices and a total of eight jumps easily allure summertime skiers, making this a skiing resort that should be on everyone’s bucket list.
- Zermatt in Switzerland – The Matterhorn is one of the most well-known peaks and is located very near Zermatt. This is not only the largest summer ski area in Europe, it accommodates all types of skiers, from beginners to experts.
- Blackcomb Mountain, British Columbia, Canada – Even though this popular ski resort is only open from mid-June to mid-July, millions of people choose this summertime skiing destination due to the fantastic snow runs and excellent temperatures.
- The Timberline Lodge, Mount Hood, Oregon – This United States based summertime skiing option is popular as it’s the only ski resort in the United States that offers year round skiing. Both intermediate skiers and expert skiers will enjoy skiing down Mount Hood, which is a volcano located within the Cascade Range.
Elite Travel Management Group, Inc